Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup



Chicken Taco Soup...it's so yummy. I've actually been told that it looks terrible, but I assured the person it would taste good and they ate it and liked it!
So this soup was on my menu for tomorrow, but I switched it up and made it today. I'm so glad I did...I had a day...and not having to think about dinner was fantastic in the end.
Things are just crazy here with the renos that we are going to be starting. My kitchen is packed up, I had a friend over to see if he could do some electrical for me (YAY he can!) and I had the painter starting on the outside trim today..all in all...it was a long and busy day and my kids are starting to feel the effects of me taking them out everyday for running around. They have been fantastic and patient, but tomorrow we are sticking close to home and relaxing.
So, Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup. Serious so easy and soooo yummy. It really does not look any type of good.
So I realized I misplaced my recipe..yes, an actual recipe that I use. So I threw it together from what I remembered...here goes.
I threw three boneless skinless chicken breasts into the slow cooker....frozen. I tossed in a bunch of taco seasoning, some ground coriander, some cumin and some thyme. Then a can of re fried beans, a can of black beans and a can of stewed tomatoes (normally I would use diced...but I only had stewed). I would actually ad a can of corn, but I didn't have that either. I diced up an onion and a couple stalks of celery. I added enough water to cover it all and cooked it for about 6 hours or so. About an hour before dinner I took the chicken out and shredded it and put it back in.
I served it with sour cream, avocado, taco chips, cheese and fresh cilantro. I had many people in and out of my house today and they all commented on how good it smelled. And it tasted amazing! It's so easy and I always forget that..I need to make this more often.
I'm totally looking forward to a layed back tomorrow. I do have some things I need to do, but I think I'll do them after Phil is around to watch the kids so I'm not hauling them around again.

No comments:

Post a Comment