Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Red Lentil Soup

This package of Red Lentil Soup has been sitting in my cupboard for a few months
It has been on my menu plan many times
I've never get to it
I was determined to make it this week.




The day was rainy
a great day for a good soup
the kids really wanted to play outside
in the rain
who am I to say no


they found a worm
tormented it
I kept hoping
neither of them would pick it up
I'm not into slimy worms
I do alot of things for these two

things I greatly dislike

I was not going to hold this worm


I offered fruit snacks
diversion accepted
worm abandoned
I did not have to touch it
WHEW

The soup was simple
I followed directions
go figure
first time for everything


I roughly chopped up the ingredients
added the lentil mix
seasonings
water


cook
add to food processor
I'm sure you know how this works


add the coconut milk
this increases the fat content like crazy
even if it's labeled 'light'
I served it up with Naan
cut veggies


I'm glad I made this
so it's not in my cupboard anymore
it tasted like dirty water with cinnamon
and little lumps
kids didn't love it
I couldn't even bribe them
I like the Naan Bread
My husband ate two bowls
with excess amounts of salt added
he's good to me
the kids and I had some cheese and crackers after
the little man informed me
the T-REX is a cheese eater
I wasn't aware of this


super excited
this came in the mail today


many good recipes this time
super excited

4 comments:

  1. Hey There!

    First off, that soup looks so good, and sounds delicious!

    I'm a new follower from TTA, I hope you'll stop by and follow me too :)

    http://mylifewithratsandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get the online version of the Kraft magazine and love it.

    I've been thinking about trying lentils, but I always held off. Glad I did now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. April, I've made other lentil soups and really really liked them. The spices in this one were just horrible. I'll have to make something else with lentils just for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that magazine too! Coming from a picky eater, it usually has a few good recipes that I will try!! I better go check the mail - its been a few days!

    ReplyDelete