Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Slow Cooker Lentil and Naan




No pretty picture of the meal
I forgot
We had company for dinner
it throws me off


This was good
everyone liked it
it got 2 votes of 4 out of 5
and 2 votes of 5 out of 5

Slow Cooker Lentils

the ingredients
click on the above link
to see the amounts



the lentils
with 10 cups of water
I forgot the baking soda
opps
I should really read the recipe better




cook for 4 hours

here is what they look like when drained




I added the ingredients
plus extras
diced celery
shredded zucchini
because I could
I didn't have the chili sauce
I added a lot of tabassco
it was good



I also made naan from scratch
it was very very yummy
I didn't remember to take pictures



my kids loved the dessert
a lot

Head over to tempt my tummy tuesday for more yummy dishes

3 comments:

  1. I'm a big lentil and bean eater, but I must admit I'm with the kids...bring on the cake. How cute do they look with cake covered faces. Smiles.

    Haupi
    http://hauplight.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never made lentils but I love to eat them. I'll have to try your recipe. I had never even heard of naan till I saw it on your blog. Thanks for posting the link for the recipe. It looks great and not to difficult to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No post in a week? I hope everything is ok!

    ReplyDelete