Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Garlicky Hasselback Potatoes


Today was pan fried sole
with Garlicky Hasselback Potatoes
if you have read my blog
you know my hate/hate relationship with fish
however
this pan fried sole
I can somewhat stomach
every so often

Garlicky Hasselback Potatoes
I found the recipe over at
Tasty Kitchen
one of my favorite sites to use

Here is how I made them...
I use grapeseed oil in place
of extra virgin olive oil
I prefer the taste of the grapeseed oil
that said
3-4 tsp grapeseed oil
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp seasoning salt
1 tsp dried basil
lots and lots of garlic
1/2ish cup of Parmesan cheese
2 tspish butter


I followed the instructions
and let me tell you
cutting those potatoes
on the wooden spoon
genius!
I did put a piece of garlic
in between each slice


sprinkle with the cheese
and top with some butter
then bake
for sure an hour or more


these took some time to make
my family liked them
but didn't love them
I was glad for a new way to try them


did I mention
we seem to have a sign on our house
that brings in stray cats
here is our newest one
with our little Lily


and my girly
she carts this new kitty around
and the kitty puts up with it

2 comments:

  1. I looooooove potatoes...and yours look yummy!! I'm definitely going to try to make these!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to give those potatoes a try! They look tasty!
    And the picture of your girly with a cat? Priceless! I think the boots make the picture!

    ReplyDelete