Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Slow Cooker Indian Chicken Stew


Tonight was a new recipe
Slow Cooker Indian Chicken Stew
I came across this recipe
in the better homes and garden magazine
it wasn't my magazine
so when I got home
I found it online

My husband and I really enjoy
Indian food
my kids
not so much
but they will eat it eventually

I followed the recipe
Mostly
I read the comments
and added some extra spices
2 cans of diced tomatoes
2 can of chickpeas
1 can of chicken stock
curry powder
ginger powder
cumin
coriander
cardamon
bay leaf
1 onion
4 cloves of garlic
4 large chicken breasts
cut into pieces
2 tblsps lime juice
some handfuls of spinach


the cardamon didn't make it into the picture
here is what dried cardamon looks like
it smells good
you just need to remember
to take the pods out and not eat them
they are small so they are hard to find
but you'll know if you hit one


everything goes into the slow cooker
with the exception of
the lime juice and spinach


I served this on Quinoa
with some Naan bread
we really really liked this
I think I'll play with the spices
a bit more next time
adding a bit more of most of them
I think it will even taste better tomorrow


my husband is off this week
our plan is to get the yard
cleaned up for winter
and our trailer cleaned and stored away
we are all enjoying our time with him

1 comment:

  1. My hubby's father is from India...but grew up in Guatemala. My hubby grew up eating curry and now detests it. :( I LOVE Indian food too...and this recipe looks amazing. I may try to make it for myself. :) Cardamom is HUGE here...a lot of people grow it and export it. Wish I could've joined you for supper. :) Enjoy your week with your hubby at home!!

    ReplyDelete