Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Turkey Soup


Turkey soup
it brings back memories
of growing up
Sunday lunches after church
at Grandma and Grandpa's
so many fond memories

Turkey Soup
you don't mess with it
that was hard for me
I kept thinking of different
things I could add to it
but
I kept it pure
I kept it simple

celery
onions
garlic
carrots
brown rice
left over turkey


chop it up
throw it in the soup pot
I added a bay leaf
some salt and pepper
and a chicken bouillon cube


add enough water to cover it
simmer it for a few hours
then spend time admiring your family
they are a wonderful gift




call everyone for dinner
I always serve Turkey soup
with Saltine Crackers and butter
pickles to munch
sliced cheese just in case
don't question
just go with it
you just don't mess with turkey soup
ohh the goodness

5 comments:

  1. I am so craving some turkey soup right now! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turkey soup-- even better the second day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree Karen...that's why I made it yesterday for today's dinner...I was thinking ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am your newest follower. I love your site and the yummy recipes. Will you visit my site, too?
    Thanx,
    Missy
    http://missyschranz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete