Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Harvest Mashed Potatoes


I named these
Harvest Mashed Potatoes
I figure people might
eat orange mashed potatoes
if they had a nice name
Harvest Mashed Potatoes

Yukon Potatoes
Sweet Potatoes
Garlic


Butter
Sour Cream
Fine Grated Parmesan Cheese


peel and cut the potatoes
I cut them into smaller pieces
so they will cook faster
smash the garlic
cover all of this
with water or stock
and boil until
the pieces are fork tender


once cooked - drain
add a generous amount
of butter
a generous amount
of sour cream
and a generous amount
of Parmesan cheese


mash it all together
until nice and smooth


top with some more butter
and some seasoning salt


I don't make a big heavy meal
to often
but my husband loves
a good roast beef
with mashed potatoes
and salad


the kids
love it to
after dinner
girly was still
eating potatoes
and my little man
was into the meat

1 comment:

  1. I recently started doing this, and now go with it whenever I can. Whenever I remember. :) It's so yummy on top of shepherd's pie.

    ReplyDelete