Monday, August 29, 2011

Saying Goodbye

****BLOGGER IS NOT UPLOADING PHOTOS RIGHT NOW, I'LL POST THEM WHEN I FIGURE OUT THE PROBLEM****


As a family and close friends the kids asked us to wear Harley shirts and jeans. I bit unorthodox, yes, but Darren would have loved it. I think we made a good statement walking into the church with our Harley shirts. Showing we are strong together, make the statement that we are a family.
The burial difficult. Watching my sister holding Darren's urn tight, crying not wanting to let go, but knowing she has to. Heart wrenching. We then one by one we added our dahlia's to the grave.

At the church we waiting in the 'family' room. We heard that people were lined up to the road. The church holds 800-850 people. It was full, there were a few empty spots, but not many. How encouraging for a man who said he didn't think even 80 people would come. We remembered, we worshiped God and we prayed.


No comments:

Post a Comment