Friday, October 21, 2011

FlashBack Friday - Kalamalaka Lake

I'm borrowing this idea from my friend Karina
With all that we have going on in life right now, I haven't been posting much.  As a result I have a lot of pictures hanging out on my computer.
So here is a 'flashback' of our 2011 Summer.
In August we went camping with some friends from our bible study group.  This was going to be the first time we actually camped with out any hookups.  Thankfully our friends are veterans at this so they helped us out.
We headed out on a 5ish hour drive.  I planned little surprises for my kids and borrowed some kids books on CD and also borrowed a portable DVD player.  I was very nervous as we have never taken our kids on this long of a trip before.  
They did great considering our CD player didn't work and to top it of the DVD player didn't work either.  
I was very proud of them.  
We stayed at a provincial park and the lake was amazing, cold, but beautiful.  The small beach at our camp ground was all rock, but the kids loved it.
My kids loved the beach.
They boated
 They spent time trying to catch little minnows
 They explored the water
 Boated some more
 acted silly
 After a few days at the beach by our camp ground, we decided to see if we could find a sandy beach rather then the rocky beach.  We found the main public beach.  And the kids loved it even more.  My little man would go in the water then lay randomly in the sand, roll around and just lay there.  He entertained many people as he would just lay anywhere, even beside people we didn't know.

 Girly loved loved loved the beach.  She spend hours just digging and enjoying the sand.  She would just go and play with random kids if they looked like they had a good sandcastle happening



In the end we managed to camp great without hookups.  We really enjoyed it.  It was very hot during the day, but cooled down at night.  We had a fantastic time with friends and we hope to be able to do this again. 
Sadly, this trip was cut short as we headed home early to be with my family.
But as were are winterizing our trailer we are already dreaming about our camping trips for next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment