Monday, January 9, 2012

Menu Plan Monday


Last week I didn't really consider
what I had in my house when
I made up my menu plan
I don't recommend doing this
I did however manage to
still make meals, 
just not the ones I had written down

this week, I've been more intentional
my goal is to only have to shop for perishables

MONDAY
Bean and Rice Tacos
Salad

TUESDAY
Chicken Tetrizzini 
(from the freezer)
Salad

WEDNESDAY
Chicken Burgers
Salad

THURSDAY
Sweet and Sour Ham Steaks
(from the freezer)
Rice
Salad

FRIDAY 
Company coming
Spaghetti
Meat Sauce
Salad

SATURDAY
Farmers Soup
(from the freezer)

SUNDAY
Breakfast for Dinner

This meal plan is much more realistic for me this week
my grocery list is for vegetables and fruit
I hope to stock up on ground turkey
as Neufelds has a good sale on

for more menu planning ideas
head over to

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comment. I was going to suggest for your salad with the Bean & Rice Tacos, I bought that taco bell dressing and then put corn & black beans in the salad for *mexican* salad. It is really good. Or if you have salsa and sour cream, mix it together and use that for the dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've made the mistake of writing up my menu without really checking to see what I had in my freezer and pantry too. It didn't work for me either. :) Have a great week Tara!

    ReplyDelete