Friday, February 10, 2012

Parent Fail

Yesterday was a fail for me.
I've really been struggling with my depression, most days I had no motivation and my house was becoming so terrible it was adding to sense of melancholy.  After working thru some of this, I was actually feeling motivated to get to work in my house.  I still have my stumbling blocks and I'm by no means thru this, but I'm working on it. 
However, with my motivation to get things done, I neglected my girly.  My kids fought all day with my girl crying often.  This isn't like her, but I was to busy trying to accomplish things to give her the attention she needed.  Girly asked me often to cuddle her, my response, ya, just a minute.  She doesn't often ask for cuddles so randomly.
I failed to notice she just wasn't 100%.  My frustration with the kids put me in a foul mood.  I did to much yelling and not enough listening and loving.
I'm so thankful that children are so forgiving.  On the way to bring my little guy to his wee college we were listening to the christian radio station and he was trying to sing along.  I heard him pick up the word hallelujah in the song and sing it with the song.  I made my heart melt.  He wanted me to sing with him.  My girl fell asleep and I was able to get some running around done.  I found it very difficult to shake my mood and was looking forward to bed time.
At the end of the day, it was fail as a good parent day.   My girly has a slight cold and my little man was full annoy mode for his sister.
Today, I have no agenda, I've managed to squeeze in a few chores.  My kids are still in their PJ's and having popcorn for lunch....today I think I'll score high on the parenting chart....we'll see, I don't really care. 

1 comment:

  1. Children are very forgiving, but I believe we are all guilty of this parenting fail at some point.

    ReplyDelete