Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Homeschool, Day 2



I'm fairly certain the above picture clearly demonstrates how our day went.  Things pretty much deteriorated and crashed right after this picture.  And remained that way for the rest of the day.

I had planned a trip to the library and the lake to see the ducks, to go with the book we are reading.  However, due to bad attitudes all around, yes, including mommy, this was cancelled.  We headed home after some errands and we were all sent to our rooms, yes, including mommy.

I had a feeling that the day was going to be difficult.  My kids were very amped up when we sat down to start.  I should have made them run laps first or something.
We did have some good school time, but not what I planned.  And I have a hard time when things don't go as planned.  I need to learn to be more flexible with this and have a 'plan B'.




I sent an exasperated email to a friend and she sent me back some encouragement.  And reminded me it takes time to figure out what works for each kid.  It's good to be reminded I can do this.  And growing pains are going to happen.

The entire day was a difficult one.  And I won't be receiving any Yay Mom awards any time soon.
Tomorrow, I plan to take it a bit easy and ensure we do some fun 'school' things.  I knew I would have some difficult times with homeschooling, I was warned.  I just didn't expect it on day two!

No comments:

Post a Comment